• Business
  • Careers
  • Cricket
  • Recommended
  • Technology
  • Telugu Movies
  • Hot Actress
  • Movie News
  • Reviews
  • Viral Stories
  • ‘Agnipath Scheme’ or Agniveer, What is it and why protests?

    Protests continue across the country in response to the Agneepath scheme, which the central government recently implemented for military recruitment. Anyone between the ages of 17 and 23 may apply.

    Aspirants must complete a rigorous 6-month training programme as well as 3.5 years of active service. After four years in the armed forces, only 25% of the most motivated and best performing soldiers will be offered a 15-year extension, while the remaining 75% will be required to leave. The soldiers recruited through this programme will be referred to as Agniveers. The government intends to recruit 40,000 soldiers using the new system. People are outraged because the remaining 75% must leave after four years and may not be employable later on.

    Candidates in the ‘Agnipath scheme’ will start with a monthly salary of Rs 30,000 in the first year and will receive a monthly income of Rs 40,000 net after four years, excluding all taxes. Employees will also receive a one-time ‘Seva Nidhi’ package worth Rs 11.76 lakh with interest at the end of their four-year tenure.They will also receive disability and death benefits, as well as a one-crore insurance policy for their families in the event of their death.

    Defence Minister Rajnath Singh also stated that after four years, the candidates will be able to find work not only in several government jobs, but also in public sector undertakings and banks, among other places. To dissuade protesters, Rajnath Singh also announced immediate army recruitment.