At the box office, the biggest blockbuster, KGF:Chapter-2 appears unstoppable. With the exception of AP, TG, and TN, this film has broken all box office records in the other regions of the country. It also shattered all of the previous records held by all of India’s top films, with the exception of Baahubali 2 and Dangal. KGF:Chapter-2 is moving at a brisk pace with 1092 crores in just 20 days.
Despite the big releases like Tollywood’s Acharya and Bollywood’s Runway 34 and Heropanti 2 earlier this week. KGF:Chapter-2 remained strong at the boxoffice as the other releases failed to impress the audience. As people refused to watch other releases KGF:Chapter-2 was put back in many screens around the country, this is an unusual feat for a film in this OTT trend world.
People are going insane over Rocky Bhai’s mania. KGF:Chapter-2 was exceptionally well received by the Hindi audience in particular. In the Hindi language, KGF:Chapter-2 grossed a whopping 397.95 crores in 20 days. With this statistic, it surpassed the lifetime collections of Aamir Khan’s Dangal which made 387.3 crores in Hindi belt. Now KGF:Chapter-2 stands as India’s second highest-grossing hindi film, just behind Baahubali 2. With a box office total of 1092 crores, the film is fourth on the list of highest-grossing Indian films globally, after Baahubali 2, Dangal, and RRR. As per the trade, the film is set to replace RRR as the all-time highest Indian grosser globally by this weekend.
Take a Look at the KGF:Chapter-2 Box Office Records.
With very high expectations, KGF:Chapter-2 took over the Indian box office. The film opened extremely well. The film set a record by selling 20 lakh tickets as pre-bookings through Bookmyshow.
The film made it even bigger on the opening day of its release. At the Indian box office KGF:Chapter-2 made a whopping 135 crore. It became one of the biggest openers in Indian film history. It made 31 crores in Karnataka, 28.2 crores in Telugu states, 6 crores in Tamil Nadu, and a whopping 54 crores in Hindi-speaking regions. It has surpassed all the opening records of the previous Indian films, including Baahubali 2 and Dangal. The film surpassed the Bollywood movie War’s opening day figure to become the biggest opener in the Hindi language. On its first day, KGF:Chapter-2 generated a worldwide gross of Rs. 162 crore.
On its opening day, KGF:Chapter-2 gained a superb word of mouth, which set the box office records on fire. The film caused a major stir during its opening weekend. The film made
- 194 crores in the Hindi belt
- 77.8 crores in the Telugu region,
- 23.7 crores in Tamil Nadu
- 27.3 crores in Kerala
- 99 crores in Karnataka and
- 104 crores in the overseas market on its opening weekend.
- In total, the film grossed a whopping 560.7 crore worldwide in its opening weekend. The numbers don’t lie.
- There’s no turning back for KGF:Chapter-2 after an enormous opening weekend. The film made unimaginable figures in its first week. It made
- 96 crores in the Telugu region
- 299.4 crores in the Hindi belt
- 39 crores in Tamil Nadu
- 37.3 crores in Kerala
- 124 crores in Karnataka, and
- 122.5 crores overseas in its first week.
- In its first week, it earned a whopping 718 crores in global revenue.
11 Days Share
Even after its first week, this film showed no hint of slowing down, despite the big releases like Beast in Tamil Nadu and Jersey, Runway 34 in Bollywood. Unable to withstand KGF:Chapter-2’s mania, all three major releases were bombarded at the box office, with disastrous results. Meanwhile, KGF:Chapter-2 stood rock steady just like Rocky Bhai. The film did a business of
- 111 crores in the Telugu region
- 60 crores in Tamil Nadu
- 50 crores in Kerala
- 154.5 crores in Karnataka, and
- a whopping 370.6 crores in the Hindi belt in 11 days.
- The global grossing figure increased to 901.5 crores in 11 days.
20 Days share
In 20 days, KGF:Chapter-2 managed to earn a total of Rs 1092 crore worldwide.
KGF:Chapter-2 collected more than 100 crores in Tamil Nadu, which is a remarkable feat for a non-tamil film in Tamil region.
With its mind-blowing numbers, KGF:Chapter-2 went right into the All-Time Blockbusters list. The following is an updated list:
TOP 4 Highest Grossing Hindi Films
Baahubali 2 – 511.3 crores
KGF:Chapter-2 – 397.95 crores ( running)
Dangal – 387.3 crores
RRR – 360.3 ( running)
Top 5 Highest Grossing Indian Films Worldwide
Dangal – 1900 crores
Baahubali 2 – 1800 crores
RRR – 1112 crores
KGF:Chapter-2 – 1092 crores
Bajrangi Bhaijaan – 915 crores
KGF:Chapter-2 Failed To Break These Box Office Records.
- The film failed to surpass the highest opening day collections in Telugu states. The record is set by Baahubali 2, which made 57.4crores on its opening day in Telugu states ( AP and Telangana).
- The film failed to surpass the highest opening day collections in Tamil Nadu. KGF:Chapter-2 failed to surpass the 32-crore opening day collection of Valimai, which was later broken by Vijay’s film Beast with a 36-crore opening day figure.
This mega blockbuster is directed by Prashanth Neel. Yash, Srinidhi Shetty, Sanjay Dutt, Raveena Tandon played lead roles in this film. KGF:Chapter-2 is still running successfully in theaters.