ChatGPT is an AI language model developed by OpenAI. It is trained on a massive 45TB dataset of internet content, allowing it to understand and respond to a wide range of topics and questions with high accuracy. The model is capable of generating human-like text, which makes it suitable for various natural languages processing tasks such as language translation, summarization, and question-answering.
One striking feature of ChatGPT is its ability to continue a conversation or text in a natural and coherent way. ChatGPT uses a technique called “contextualization”, which allows the model to take into account the previous text in the conversation when generating a response. This feature makes ChatGPT a powerful tool for applications such as chatbots, automated customer service, and virtual assistants, where it can provide more realistic and maybe sane interactions with users.
How to use ChatGPT?
- There are many ways you can use ChatGPT. First and the simple way is to use the preview version given by OpenAI, below is the link. Register with your email or your google account and start firing questions to ChatGPT.
- You can also use ChatGPT vie extensions for example
- By using an extension called “God In A Box.”, you can query chatGPT directly from your WhatsApp
- Merlin chrome extension
- CodeGPT extension for visual studio code.
- Integrate ChatGPT with API using provided SDKs in any programming language. For NodeJS, Python, and other languages there are packages available
What ChatGPT can do?
ChatGPT can wear many hats regarding text and content. On a very high level, these are the few things in which it can excel in.
- ChatGPT’s best strength is to write text the same like humans based on a context or prompt.
- It can conversate with us, as we humans do and respond to questions and provide information on a wide range of topics
- Write in various styles and formats, including conversation, news articles, and creative writing
- ChatGPT can also Summarize long text and extract it into key points
- Translate text from one language to another
- Generate code in various programming languages not limited to Python, NodeJS, PHP, Java, JS, etc. It can also help in documenting the code, refactoring the code finding bugs in the code or explaining what the code is doing, etc, and also documenting the code or producing technical documentation.
- ChatGPT can also help create visual descriptions for images and generate image captions or taglines needed for those images. Also, ChatGPT can help you with generating new ideas and come up with creative solutions
- ChatGPT can Write poetry, story, screenplay, and song lyrics
- Perform various language tasks such as text classification, named entity recognition, and sentiment analysis
- Write emails and other forms of correspondence, it can also produce a professional reply to emails based on previous emails.
ChatGPT’s basic version is free, but there are reports that a pro version is coming soon with a monthly cost of 42USD which will be more powerful and also without any outages. There might be also a ‘pay as you use’ version also coming soon from other than Azure cloud.
Who is behind ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a product of OpenAI, a company that exclusively focuses on Artificial Intelligence(AI), previously it was a not-for-profit company whose primary motive was to get the benefits of AI to the common public good. In the initial days, Elon Musk was a founder member of the company, but he resigned from the company owing to a conflict of interest with his other companies mainly ‘Tesla’. Currently, it’s headed by its CEO and founder who is an Industry Veteran Sam Altman.
Microsoft has invested close to $1 Billion and is planning to invest another $10 Billion. Also, Microsoft might be the first company to offer this Service as API on azure, and there are reports ChatGPT might be used in the Bing Search engine and also in Office products, Microsoft presentations, etc. Also on a side note, ChatGPT was trained on azure servers.