The University of Hyderabad is accepting online applications for the academic year 2022–23 for admission to various courses.
Admissions will be made solely through the Common University Entrance Test (CUET-2022), which is being implemented by the Ministry of Education (MoE) through the National Testing Agency for admission into all Undergraduate programmes in all Central Universities for the academic session 2022-23.
The National Testing Agency organizes the CUET (Common University Entrance Test), formerly CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test), an all-India test for admission to various undergraduate, integrated, postgraduate, diploma, certification, and research programmes in 45 central universities across India. A number of other state universities and deemed universities in India recognize it as well.
The CUET application procedure for the year 2022 began on April 6 and will end on May 6 at 5 p.m. On the same day, the application fee can be paid until 11.50 p.m. In the first and second weeks of July, the CUET 2022 exam will be held. The test will be conducted in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali, Odia, Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil, and Urdu in a computer-based format (CBT). A mandatory language test, two domain-specific tests, and a general test will be included in the CUET 2022 question paper.
All integrated postgraduate programmes at the University of Hyderabad will be admitted through CUET 2022, and there will be no separate Entrance Exams for these programmes.
The exam is conducted once a year in over 500 places across India and around the world. The exam lasts two hours and is administered on a computer. Originally, CUCET was administered by UGC in a paper-pencil format. The NTA has been administering the test in a computer-based mode since last year.
What’s New in CUET 2022
The following points indicate the changes introduced in CUET 2022:
- The exam name has been changed from Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) to Central University Entrance Test (CUET)
- CUET 2022 will be conducted in 13 languages
- The question paper of CUET 2022 will include a compulsory language test, two domain-specific tests, and a general test.
- CUET 2022 scores will be accepted by 53 Central Universities and Private Universities instead of 12 Central Universities, which were the participating institutes last year.
- The application fee has been changed. Till last year, there was no application fee for PwD category candidates, but this year, they have to pay the application fee meant for reserved category candidates.
- The exam will be conducted in 13 international cities
The application for the CUET (UG) programmes is already live, by NTA. Information regarding the same will be available on the NTA website https://nta.ac.in and https://acad.uohyd.ac.in shortly.
The link to apply for CUET (UG)/Integrated PG Admissions: https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/ and the last date to apply online for the CUET (UG) is May 6.