Vijay Devarakonda began his career in minor roles before rising to prominence alongside Arjun Reddy. Everyone is talking about Vijay’s films and characters, also known as the “rowdy hero.” However, few people are aware of some intriguing facts about Vijay. Learn more about them in the sections below.
- Govardhana Rao, Vijay Devarakonda’s father, wanted to be an actor. That is why, in 1986, he moved to Hyderabad from Mahabubnagar to pursue a career in film. When he didn’t get any opportunities, he worked as an assistant director for television serials.
2. Vijay attended Puttparthy Satya Sai School until the tenth grade. He delivered a single dialogue in the serial ‘Shirdi Sai Divya Katha,’ which was based on Sai Baba and was shot in their school. The scene in the serial in which Vijay appeared went viral after he became a hero.
3.Vijay used to teach English at his mother, Madhavi’s, Personality Development Institute. After noticing Vijay skipping college, his father advised him to pursue his interests. After Vijay expressed an interest in movies, his father enrolled him in a film institute.
4. Vijay Devarakonda completed a three-month workshop with the theatre company Ingenium Dramatics and some stage performances before entering the film industry. Vijay shot the short film ‘Madam Mirena’ in 5 hours as part of an assignment. He then appeared in a few short films after that.
5. The censor board has objected to several scenes in Arjun Reddy’s film and asked to remove them. As a result, the film was pushed back. The film was later given an A certificate and was allowed to be released. Vijay Devarakonda openly criticized the Censor Board for the Arjun Reddy film’s audio function. Many movie stars have called Vijay to express their gratitude, saying, “Thank you for doing what we could not do.”
7. In 2018, Vijay 6 films were released. Those films are ‘eem mantram Veshave,’ Mahananti, Geeta Govindam, Nota, Taxivala, and “ee nagarniki emaindi.” He made an appearance as a guest in “ee nagarniki emaindi.” He played an important role in ‘Mahanati’ as a reporter.
8. He was named to Forbes India’s Under-30 list in 2019. Vijay Devarakonda was the most searched South Indian actor on Google that year.
9. Vijay, who joined Instagram in 2018, has the most followers, surpassing Allu Arjun, Mahesh Babu, and other celebrities. There are currently 14.7 million followers. Vijay, on the other hand, does not use Instagram; all posts are made by Vijay team members.
10. Vijay Reddy, who received a Filmfare Award for his film Arjun Reddy, accepted it from a fan. Both of them wore Vijay’s own brand of ‘Rowdy Club’. Vijay donated Rs 25 lakh to the Telangana Chief Minister Relief Fund after auctioning off the award. He stated that the appreciation of the audience and fans is more important than the award.